Seonunsa Temple in Gochang is one of the most representative tourist destinations in the Jeonbuk region. The thrill I felt at the very moment I read the first verse of poet Choi Young-mi's poem completely changed my perception of poetry and verses.
I'm writing the original text again.
Seonunsa Temple
Choi Young-mi
Even though it's hard to bleed...
Losing is only for a short time.
Without a chance to look at everything evenly.
Without even a moment to think about it,
It was very brief.
You are the first...
Like when it blooms within me.
Forgetting is also like that.
I wish it would be a moment.
You who smile from afar,
You who are crossing the mountain.
Losing is easy, but...
It's been a while since I've forgotten.
It's been a long time forever.
And recently, I visited Seonunsa Temple. Is it because my knowledge of temples and my insight into Buddhism are shallow? To my eyes, it doesn't look different from other temples; it's a typical temple with its main hall, stone pagoda, and camellia forest behind it.
It takes 1 hour and 30 minutes by SRT from Suseo Station to Jeongeup Station.
Taking a taxi from Jeongeup Station to Seonunsa Temple takes 30 minutes.
It is located within a distance easily accessible from Seoul by 2:30 PM.
I think the short line from poet Choi Young-mi's poem "Seonunsa" is truly remarkable. It is because it has made temples appear so beautiful and recognized as noble places by someone like me, who is ignorant about them.
I feel no desire to specifically describe the origin, layout, or characteristics of the temple.
Such a beautiful poem speaks volumes, so isn't it a state of unintellectualism that needs no words?
Poet Midang Seo Jeong-ju also sings of the camellias of Seonunsa Temple with a poem titled "Seonunsa Donggu."
To the furrows of Seonunsa Temple
I went to see the camellias at Seonunsa Temple, and...
Camellias haven't bloomed yet.
Makgeolli House Woman's
In the rhythm of Yukjabaegi.
Only last year's remains.
That also left over from a hoarse throat.
I do not understand the profound meaning of this poem.
Singer Song Chang-sik sang the song "Seonunsa"
I thought there must be something great since our country's leading poets and national singers have sung about Seonunsa Temple, but I get the feeling that poetry and songs have been created through the melodies and songs for a long time.
Perhaps because it's a temple where poetry, songs, and flowers harmonize, it was a filming location, surrounded by many eel restaurants specializing in Gochang, and cherry trees in the spring...
I think these things are just unnecessary.
"You who smile from afar,
Does it mean the smile of Buddha that the Buddha smiled?
I conclude my review of my visit to Seonunsa Temple in Gochang by reciting poet Choi Young-mi's poem at Seonunsa Temple.








Post a Comment